I have so many things to teach you. And I have to be sure to teach them to you the right way, in a way that will build you up and not bring you down, that will motivate you to continue learning. But I am flawed and will make mistakes in teaching you how not to make mistakes. No one is perfect, and I want you to know right now that I don’t expect you to be perfect. I don’t even expect you to be close to perfect. But I do feel I can help guide you through certain areas of life in which you might feel inadequate.
Some of my letters to you will go deep, some will be more instructional and others will be downright silly. But before I get into any of that, there are just a few basics that I’d like you to know… rules every girl must live by:
1. Always make sure your clothes match.
2. Smile as much as possible.
3. Brush your hair (and your teeth, for that matter) every day.
4. Say your prayers.
5. Never, ever eat ice cream from the carton. (It’s a disaster waiting to happen.)
6. If a boy is mean to you, it’s not because he likes you, it’s because he’s mean.
7. Mow the lawn at least once in your life.
8. Never lie. It always comes back to bite you.
9. Always rinse the dishes before putting them in the dishwasher.
And most importantly…
10. Listen to your mother.
I’m looking forward to sharing additional little tidbits, and more, with you as we journey through life together.