It’s Thanksgiving! My favorite holiday! I’ve always said that Thanksgiving is like the humble middle child of all the holidays. It’s quiet, unassuming, not wrapped up in the glitz and glamour of consumerism. Plus, food is the highlight. You just can’t go wrong when food is the highlight!
I already talked about the big-picture things I’m thankful for in yesterday’s post, so today I’m going to focus on life’s little perks that make me happy…
1. Green tea (and tea in general). I’m not a coffee drinker, and I’ve always felt kind of left out because of that. There’s something soothing about cupping your hands around a warm beverage. So I’m glad there’s an option (a healthier one, too!) for us non-coffee folks.
2. My two new favorite TV shows: Parenthood and Up All Night. I probably get a little too excited when there’s a new episode of either of these shows on my DVR. And speaking of…
3. DVR. It’s a godsend. There’s nothing more satisfying than seeing a full list of great TV shows just waiting to be watched, and without the commercials. It’s better than going to the movies!
4. Those insulated cups that have a lid and straw. I always have to have a glass of water near me, otherwise I get anxious. So I’ve always used a plastic cup and straw. Now they make those nice insulated cups that keep the water cold, and with a built-in straw! A genius invention… my only lament is that I didn’t think of it first.
5. Blankets. No matter the time of year, a blanket serves as a form of comfort unlike any other.
6. HTML code. This is super geeky and I am by no means a web expert, but I do know a decent amount of HTML code. It is so cool to type in letters and symbols that turn into punctuation and other formatting tools. It’s like a secret language! All you other web peeps out there, can I get a holla? (I’m sounding super vanilla right now, I know.)
7. Hair straighteners. I simply don’t know how I survived 20-some years of my life without one.
8. Sandwiches, chocolate chip cookies, Diet Coke and wine. These are my absolute favorite foods/drinks. I could eat/drink them every day of my life and still love them just as much as I do now.
I could go on and on, but I’ll stop there. It’s fun, though, to think of the perks that get you going throughout the day. Makes life a bit easier, more satisfying.
What “little things” are you grateful for today?